Canterbury Christian Students are learning that God loves dancing, too. And, they can be crabby for the Lord, too in Physical Education Class.
2 purposes of Physical Education in Christian School
- Worship the Creator of the Universe
- Have fun.
Jesus was asked to state the Greatest Commandment. He quoted Deuteronomy 6:5.
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
But Jesus didn’t stop there. He also quoted Leviticus 19:15.
… thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself …
Our Bodies Used to Love God, Love Our Neighbor
It is quite clear that we are to love God with all of our might. And how we take care of ourselves reflects how much we plan to love others.
Caring for our bodies is required for us to love God more, love our neighbor more.
Physical Education Activities at Canterbury Christian School
We do this in Physical Education class at Canterbury Christian School.
- We stretch – both sides so we don’t walk around lopsided.
- We practice for the Presidential Fitness Test to do all requirements correctly.
- We sing/dance – I will make you fisher of men – exercise while learning discipleship principles.
- We learn strategy, teamwork, and how to run around like crazy by grabbing and letting go of clothes pins!?!?!?
Rookie teacher that I am, this veteran of the US military has a strategy for our children (mine included) to learn to love God more, love our neighbor more … by becoming stronger and having fun.
Parents are welcome to join in, too!