Los Altos – Canterbury Christian School Yearly Washington DC Trip Itinerary
The sixth grade history class
examines the colonial heritage of America and the role which Christian faith played in giving birth to freedom. As an integral part of that study, the following documents and literary works are examined and memorized
- * Declaration of Independence
- * The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere
- * Bill of Rights
- * The American’s Creed by William Tyler Page
- * The Preamble to the Constitution
- * The First Amendment to the Constitution
- * Patrick Henry’s Speech
- * Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address
22 Famous Historical Attractions in Washington DC
Hosted and conducted by American Christian Tours, the week-long excursion visits 22 famous historical attractions including:
- Arlington National Cemetery
- Mount Vernon
Nine monuments and memorials are visited, including those erected in honor of Presidents Washington, Jefferson, and Lincoln.
The museums visited include the Smithsonian.
Parents participate as chaperones.
Upon their return, the sixth graders prepare and deliver a slide presentation of their journey for the benefit of all the other students of the school. This is truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity enjoyed by very few.