Canterbury Christian School is now accepting applications for grades Kindergarten through 6th for the 2011-2012 academic year. Using the A Beka curriculum these classes are producing students well above the national average in each class. Class size is limited to 16 in a structured traditional classroom, giving each student the benefit of a good amount of personal attention, and a sense of quiet and orderliness.
A Christian Worldview is promoted, with no bad language or teasing tolerated, and students have a comfortable feeling of supervised, planned security.
Latin is included commencing at grade 3. Uniforms are worn, and adjunct classes include music, art, handbells, and P.E.
Admission is by application, the presenting of educational records, and a personal interview is required. Testing for placement is required of all students except for kindergarten. (Parents are obligated to pay $25 for such a test.) Canterbury reserves the right to place students in the the appropriate intstructional level as determined by test results and developmental maturity.
Children must be five years old by the end of Septmber in order to be eligible for kindergarten.
Finances for 2018-2019 School Year
Canterbury is a non-profit organization. It does not receive any federal funds, or endowment from any other organization. The school is financed by tuition (not tax-deductible) and any contributions (tax-deductible) that may be received.
Registration (due in February ’11 or upon acceptance for 2011-12 School Year):
Kindergarten $275 per child
1st-6th $350 per child
Ten Monthly Tuition Payments:
God’s World Newsletter:
Buildings & Grounds:
$50 per family
1. Book fees and Building & Grounds fees are due by July 10.
2. The first tuition payment is due August 1st, and then on the 1st of each month following for 10 payments.
3. After the 10th of the month, a $10.00 late fee will be charged.
4. There will be a $10.00 charge on any returned check.
5. If an account is in arrears 60 days, a student is subject to dismissal.
1. For parents paying in advance by semester (5 payments) or annually (10 payments), there is a 5% discount.
2. For families with more than one child enrolled, the charge for the older child is the full tuition for his grade; the charge for the second child is 80%; the charge for the third child is 70%.
Re-enrollment is not automatic. An application form for each student will be sent home in February and must be filled out for re-enrollment, accompanied by the prescribed registration fee. At the end of the designated re-enrollment period any spaces remaining will be filled from our waiting list. It is imperative that siblings be enrolled early for Kindergarten to reserve a space.
All students entering, attending and/or transferring into Canterbury are required by the state to provide immunization records or submit a waiver. Entering first graders are required to have a physical exam form on file.